After surprising the crowd and making a breakthrough in the handset design industry by unveiling the beautiful and sturdy Mi MIX a couple of months ago, the Chinese Giant Xiaomi is all set to capture the market with a mid-range premium looking phone but there is a catch. The latest Mi 5c is the first smartphone to house Xiaomi’s very own chipset, the octa-core Surge S1. The processor Surge S1 is a joint venture of Xiaomi and Pinecone. The duo’s 3 years of consistent hard work and research in design, planning, testing, troubleshooting and crafting the first processor especially for smartphones finally pays off. Apart from designing their first processor, they unveiled it by launching Xiaomi Mi 5c embedded with Surge S1.
With the introduction of Surge S1 chip, the power consumption has substantially decreased. Its processor consists of eight battery-friendly Cortex-A53 cores, four of them are clocked at 2.2GHz and the other four at 1.4GHz. For graphics support, there’s a Mali-T860 MP4 GPU which is adequate for the normal game. The processor is interfaced with a massive 3GB of LPDDR3 RAM and a decent 64GB of eMMC 5.0 onboard storage. Out of 64 GB, somewhere around 55-60GB will be available for the user which sounds a huge number. Nowadays, after digitalization of everything, sometimes we run out of memory during some important task, but with Mi 5c, this problem is almost solved because even a pro user finds the 64GB version to be a standard one.
Available in 3 colour variants Gold, Rose Gold and Universal Black. These 3 premium colours will surely awestruck you with its finishing and slim design.
The smartphone has a massive 5.15 inches IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen with the 16M colour and having 72.6% screen-to-body ratio. Coming to the resolution part, it offers 1080 x 1920 pixels with a tremendous 428 PPI pixel density. With such huge PPI, it boasts of offering true colour saturation and some relax to the eye.
Now, let’s have a quick look at the inside of Xiaomi Mi 5c.
1. The smartphone is powered by android and ships with pre-installed Android 7.1 Nougat. The company gives it a premium feel by topping its latest skin MIUI 8 over android for users to experience smoothness at its best.
2. Nowadays, a smartphone has replaced everything and as time progresses it’s advancing with new and updated features. The developments can be seen in terms of hardware and software as well. Both are growing significantly. The quality of camera plays a major role in the success of a smartphone, and the Mi 5c packs a superb combination of lenses to let it’s users capture some unforgettable moments. The rear camera is 12 MP, f/2.2, 27mm, and other features like phase detection autofocus, LED flash to name a few. It also offers Geo-tagging, touch focus, face detection, HDR, panorama etc. You can capture the moment in video mode with a resolution of 1080p@30fps. The front facing camera- popularly known as selfie camera also delivers magnificent images with its 8 MP, f/2.2, 27mm, in 1080p standard resolution. That sounds pretty outstanding in terms of camera section.
3. This smartphone comes with a wide range of connectivity options:
a). WLAN- It houses Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, with dual-band, WiFi Direct, hotspot
b). Bluetooth version 4.1 is comparatively fast as compared to its predecessor with other features including A2DP, LE etc.
c). To locate precisely on the map, it accesses your location through GPS with A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS.
d). Gone are the days when we had to wait long for charging or transferring any media files from smartphone to computer/PC using USB cable. This smartphone is capable of transferring data at a very high rate using USB Type-C 1.0 reversible connector technology.
e). The network includes GSM, HSPA, LTE for global coverage as the whole world is adopting LTE coverage quickly.
4. With the introduction of low power consumption processor, the company thought of experimenting with a smaller non-removable 2,860 mAh battery. Due to which it achieved a dimension of 144.4 x 69.7 x 7.1 mm making it slim and sleek in return. Well, it’s obvious that the juice will not last more than a day on average use and sometimes may fall short if you use it aggressively. No need to worry, Xiaomi offers quick charge support with a 9V/2A output adapter with this handset. The metal built handset weighs a mere 135 gram and supports Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by).
5. For security reason, this phone comes with a front-facing fingerprint reader. All you need to do it to scan your fingerprint at the beginning, and then it will be used to unlock your phone just by placing the finger on the home button. It maintains your privacy and important documents from spying eyes around you.