- The feature will have five steps in the entire tracking process
- You can enter contact number, IMEI number etc to track the status
- An OTP will be sent to the registered mobile number to verify details
Xiaomi India on Tuesday announced the launch of the new Mi Service Order Status feature on Mi.com. This feature will let users track their device repair status on the website. It offers five-stage tracking progress for device repairs.
Managing Director of Xiaomi India, Manu Kumar Jain posted a tweet announcing the rollout of this feature. With the help of Mi Service Order Status, customers will be able to track their device repair and know its service status online. The five stages in tracking progress are under inspection, work in progress, ready for delivery, delivered, and cancelled.
How to track your Xiaomi device repair status
- Users need to enter their contact number/ order number/ service number/ IMEI number or SN number on the official service order status webpage.
- Once done, click Confirm to send an OTP to the registered mobile number.
- Enter the OTP in the box provided and click on Submit to display the status of the service repair.
This move comes as a New Years’ gift for Xiaomi smartphone owners who have, until now, only been able to track the service status by calling the executives at the service centre. With numerous videos appearing on social media displaying the poor management at Xiaomi service centres, the company has finally shifted repair tracking online much to the respite of phone owners.
Xiaomi on Tuesday also announced that the Redmi 5A 3GB variant would be sold offline through Mi Preferred stores. The smartphone will have a price tag of up to Rs. 7,499, subject to retailer offers.
Ever since Xiaomi got to the pole position in smartphone shipments in India, it has been striving to improve customer experience. Shifting device repair status tracking online seems to be a step in the right direction.
Affiliate links may be automatically generated – see our ethics statement for details.